Dear President Trump,
I pray for you: for purity of heart, divine love, and the wisdom and strength to carry out the impossible duties of your office.
Three things I long for as you lead:
- Clear policy communication without personal insults.
- A balanced budget for our children’s future.
- More convening with people that do not agree with you so we might discover a principled middle ground.
I agree on some policies and disagree on others. Your desire to help our nation will be enhanced with humility. I do not mean apologizing for particular principles, but opening pathways of peacemaking.
OK, three more things:
- Call a racial reconciliation summit and listen deeply to the cries of the historically underserved.
- Call an immigration summit and forge a hospitable, secure and compassionate policy.
- Meet with leaders of all faiths and none and reaffirm the brilliance of freedom of conscience and true toleration.<
I was no fan of the prior administration, but I prayed for and still pray for those that were part of those years. While applauding some of your initiatives, I long for you to choose statesmanship. You will never win over inveterate enemies, but you may get more done in service of all.
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)